Saturday, December 16, 2006

I return to El Bolson 1st of December 2006


Felt pretty good to get back here, Victor and Martin picked me up from the bus station and we drove to the new house. Marilla was there but otherwise I was the only visitor besides Victor who has been spending his summers here for 4 years. There was some rain and a full rainbow in the field behind the house, which serves as a landing field, just what I needed. We caught up about what I had been doing and the building of the house. To give a quick history Martin and Mariella run a small paragliding school do tandem flights and have a house that serves as a hostel for paragliders, mostly Argentinian. I spent 3 weeks in their old house in Feburary of 2005. Turns out my timing was pretty good last year they were in transition, had sold the old house but not built the new one, so last year everyone was living in tents on the land while the house was built! Also last year was a bit unusual with the weather and not very many cross country flyable days. Well so here I am untill middle of January, hoping to get in some good flying but also looking foreward to long summer days and the relaxed atmosphere here.

No comments: